Saturday, October 24, 2009

Random Stuff

So it's been a busy couple of weeks.  Work has been busy as always and outside of work has been pretty busy as well.  First we had a Bat Mitzvah (coming of age Jewish ritual/event for you non-Tribe members) in Kansas City and then this past weekend one of my brother-in-laws got married at Camp Taum Sauk in Lesterville, MO during all the running around (and lack of decent sleep) I seem to have picked up the Flu.  Since the wife is pregnant, she has a slightly oversensitive approach to any illness right now, but especially the flu, or the swine flu, or avian bird flu (not sure if there are any I am leaving out). So I went to an urgent care center nearby ( and by urgent, I do not mean fast) and got swabbed for the rapid flu test.  I might add that I don't recommend this unless you like short, intense bursts of nasal-sinus pain and discomfort.  Needless to say...I tested.....POSITIVE.  Oddly, this made Jerry (the medic guy) pretty excited since I was the first confirmed flu case at their facility.  Side Note : Jerry was a very cool guy who served in our military as a medic for 20 years (Air Force) and was actually planning on swabbing himself so he could explain what it would feel like to patients before giving them the swab test. (I was able to talk him out of that and gave him a description of the sensations).  Which led me to missing 2 1/2 days of work this week (which is more sick time than I have used in the last 3 years).  And while home one day, in between sleeping and sweating I found these kick-ass Lego creations that I linked to below.  Check 'em out...this is why all kids should play with toys like Legos and not PSP and electronic crap.  They lead to creativity and individualism, not mind-numbing conformity.

check out these 2 sites for lots of cool Lego related stuff